Fujifilm has announced the new Fujifilm Fujinon XF 27mm f/2.8 Super EBC XF lens with 41mm equivalent field of view similar to the human eye. The Fujifilm XF 27mm f/2.8 lens will be on sale from August 2013.
From Fujifilm: Fujifilm are proud to announce the launch of the new Fujinon XF 27mm f/2.8 lens for the Fujifilm X-Pro1 and X-E1 compact system cameras.
Fujinon XF lenses are the pinnacle of Fujifilm's optical design technology, with top quality all-glass construction including aspherical lens elements. Their fast f-stop broadens users' scope of photographic expression for low-light photography and scenes with a beautiful bokeh effect. In addition, Fujinon's "HT-EBC Coating" reduces reflection at a wider range of wavelengths, thereby controlling ghosting. The lenses feature advanced lens engineering, capable of drawing the maximum performance out of the highly-descriptive "X-Trans CMOS Sensor" in the Fujifilm X-Pro1 and X-E1 cameras.
The Fujinon XF 27mm f/2.8 is a compact and lightweight lens for excellent portability. It is a well-balanced, high-performance, single focal length lens, delivering great picture quality in a wide range of scenes including landscapes, snapshots and portraits:
- High-performance lens that offers a field of view similar to that of the human eye, covering a wide range of scene types - The lens has a fixed focal length of 27mm (41mm in 35mm format equivalent), offering a field of view similar to that of the human eye, capturing each scene as precisely and naturally as you see it. It includes a glass moulded aspheric element which reduces image distortion as much as possible. You can explore different ideas dependent on the scene you’re shooting, e.g. using your own footwork to adjust the distance between yourself and your subject, or by changing the shooting angle, enabling you to enjoy a broad range of photography.
- Lightweight and compact - Weighing 78g and measuring 23mm in length, this is one of the smallest and lightest single focal length lenses available for APS-sensor mirrorless cameras. Its thin form factor keeps the camera compact when mounted, encouraging you to take your camera wherever you go.
- Outstanding resolving power for sharp and clear images - The advanced optical design is coupled with Fujinon’s proprietory HT-EBC Coating that brings a large amount of light onto the camera sensor to draw the maximum performance out of the X-Trans sensor, thus achieving outstanding resolving power for sharp and clear images.
- High-speed autofocus - The lens incorporates an autofocus design that uses a high-torque coreless DC motor to shift all of the front lens elements (5 elements in 4 groups) to achieve a fast AF speed. The quick AF response is one of the fastest amongst single focal length lenses on APS-sensor mirrorless cameras.
- Premium-quality focus ring - The high precision focus ring is made of metal, and requires delicate operation during manual focusing. The materials and the design ensure a comfortable feel and exactly the right amount of torque when rotating the ring.
- Bokeh effect for isolating a subject - The use of a seven-blade round diaphragm means your subject is isolated with beautiful bokeh in portraiture with a shallow depth of field, or for close-up photography of stunning dishes or small accessories.
- Available in two colours - The 27mm lens will be available two different colours - both silver and black - to allow users to accessorise their X series cameras to their own taste.
For Fujifilm X-Pro1 and X-E1 customers - The Fujinon XF 27mm f/2.8 lens does not feature an aperture ring in order to keep it compact and lightweight. When using this lens, please update your camera body’s firmware to enable aperture adjustment via the camera’s command dial.
The Fujifilm XF 27mm f/2.8 lens will be on sale from August 2013. For more information, please visit the Fujifilm website.